I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Jeff's Home!

So, last night I'm sitting on the couch knitting and watching the American Idol results show (which I will comment on in a moment) and I hear heavy, man footsteps on the side porch! Of course, I am paralyzed with fear and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get to the phone and call the police without the bad man hearing me. And then I hear the bad man fooling with the door knob! At this point, I am still sitting on the couch (because it all happened so quickly that I was still trying to figure out if I should take my knitting with me when I was running out of the front door. By this time, I had decided not to make a 911 call but simply to leave the house and run into the street screaming, but I didn't want to leave the 40+ hours of work I affectionately call my first knitting project...) As I'm thinking through the best course of action - and still not moving a muscle - I hear "Hello..." It's JEFF! Jeff's home! One day earlier than expected! And with a mustache! And a beautiful present for me, a painting, and a big hug and kiss! It was so nice to see him. He said that he didn't let me know that he was taking the early flight so that I didn't clean the house or make a fuss. As if I ever do that sort of thing! (I was very embarrassed that evidence of my dinner, which consisted solely of tortilla chips and various dips was still sitting on the kitchen counter. Oh well!) I'm so glad he's home. The last two weeks have been hectic and it's nice to have my support system back in country. Kudos to Mary Abigail for teaching me to knit, which kept me occupied for untold hours in the past couple of weeks, and for being my biggest blog fan! Jeff hasn't even seen the blog yet, so I hope he likes reading his first post...

On American Idol: TAYLOR IS AWESOME! I loved the Elvis theme, and I thought it was perfect for Taylor's voice. I was disappointed that Chris was kicked off because I think he's a better singer than the girl, but I just don't think people in his genre are as likely to vote. I'm not worried about him, though. He's on his way. I'm going to bite ALL of my finger nails off next Wednesday waiting for the results!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Jeff. Nice worms. Great anecdotes.

Cheers,


Cousin Dan