I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Sunday Morning

It's a rainy Sunday morning here in Honolulu, which is a welcome relief from the heat of the last couple of days. Unless you've been here, you just cannot imagine this type of heat. I grew up in hot, humid conditions, but I have never felt sunlight burning my skin in seconds as I have here. It can be a bit ridiculous.

This week, my good friend Taylor Hicks won American Idol. Okay, he's not a good friend, but doesn't he seem like he could be? I think that's why he won - he's just a good guy that everyone can relate to. Who hasn't made a fool of themselves at a big party with a silly dance move that just came out of nowhere? I know I have. I am just so pleased that someone has turned that awkwardness into applause. Every talented, yet ostracized kid in the country should be grateful for the path forged this season by Mr. Hicks. Perhaps they, too, will one day get their shot at stardom.

Speaking of big endings, my friend Mary Abigail's husband Paul is returning in a couple of days from his 6 MONTH deployment on a Navy submarine! I am so excited for her, and impressed, that she is able to keep it together while he's gone. Her job, dog, and friends have all kept her occupied during his absence, but there's no replacing a mate. She was able to go to both Guam and Hong Kong to see him for a few days during the deployment (Her shots of Hong Kong were awesome!) and they could talk on the phone and email occasionally, too. I guess I'm just so lucky to have Jeff with me as often as I do, and so thankful that Paul does the work that he does to keep us safe, and happy that Mary Abigail has remained by friend even when I complain about my husband working so much. What's more, there are thousands of spouses around the country who make sacrifices like these to be with the ones they love, if only for a few days at a time, including those whose spouses work two jobs, drive trucks, etc. Isn't it amazing what we will do for love?

No comments: