I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Lieutenant Dan.

...err, I mean, Lieutenant Jeff. As of Monday, Jeff is now a lieutenant in the United States Coast Guard! And I was able to take a couple of hours off to be there for the ceremony, where I put one of his new shoulder boards on. (The Commanding Officer of the station does the other one.) I am so proud of him!

Of course, the whole thing almost didn't happen. As I was waiting in the game room (watching a show about baby animals!), the alarm went off. All of a sudden, Jeff runs in, kisses my cheek, and runs out again saying, "Gotta run! See you tomorrow!" Then he was off to the locker room to change out of his fancier uniform and into his flight suit. Then, as fast as all of that happened, an announcement was made that some other non-Jeff crew should take the flight. So here comes Jeff, running back to the locker room, changing back into fancier uniform, rushing out to find me an make it to the ceremony with only minutes to spare! The best part is that Jeff was the only one getting promoted, so it would have been a pretty boring ceremony without him. I told him that I would have been his stand-in. I'm an excellent wife. ;)

Congratulations, Jeff!

Here's a shot of Jeff standing near one of the C-130s, watching another one take off...

No comments: