December Maui Trip.
Long ago I promised to catch up on photographs from the months that Jeff and I were technology-less. Here is the first of those catch-up blog entries!
In December, my mom and Peter came out to visit for Christmas. We headed to Maui for a whirlwind tour of Upcountry, the area around the Haleakala Volcano. Here's a shot of the happy family at 10,000 feet:
No trip to Upcountry Maui would be complete without a visit to the Surfing Goat Dairy. We went on the afternoon chores tour and got to participate in bringing the herd in from pasture, feeding and milking, and stuffing our faces with delicious goat cheese!
We also got to feed the baby goats, which was almost too cute for words...

We stayed at this great house called The Star Lookout. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to enjoy Hawaii but isn't interested in the beach scene. The place is breathtaking and not far from Oprah's home on the island! Here's a shot of sunset from the deck:

Because the climate and terrain Upcountry is very much like parts of Europe, especially France, lavender thrives there. The Ali'i Kula Lavender has taken advantage of the climate, soil, and tourism to create quite an industry. We went for a tour of the farm, pictured below, and had lavender scones, lavender tea, lavender jelly, tested the lavender hand lotion, lavender gardeners' salve, lavender spices... and then we tried lavender lemonade. It was at that point that we all decided that we had had enough. Though I highly recommend the tour, I would just keep in mind your lavender threshold. I didn't realize I had one until I was way, way past it.
We stayed at this great house called The Star Lookout. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to enjoy Hawaii but isn't interested in the beach scene. The place is breathtaking and not far from Oprah's home on the island! Here's a shot of sunset from the deck:
Because the climate and terrain Upcountry is very much like parts of Europe, especially France, lavender thrives there. The Ali'i Kula Lavender has taken advantage of the climate, soil, and tourism to create quite an industry. We went for a tour of the farm, pictured below, and had lavender scones, lavender tea, lavender jelly, tested the lavender hand lotion, lavender gardeners' salve, lavender spices... and then we tried lavender lemonade. It was at that point that we all decided that we had had enough. Though I highly recommend the tour, I would just keep in mind your lavender threshold. I didn't realize I had one until I was way, way past it.
1 comment:
Hang ten!
Post a Comment