I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Big Momma.

Jeff and I went to our monthly check-up today and I am officially a Big Momma. I gained 10 pounds on vacation - twice as much as my doctor told me I should gain. Good work, buffets! Well done, desserts! Along with my lack of impulse control and a new-found obsession with sweet things, the multiple buffets and seemingly endless supply of desserts have successfully turned me into a waddling sugar-crazed monster.

Yesterday I went to the bookstore and ended up with a package of jelly beans. I mean, hello? I'm now more convinced than ever before that this baby is Jeff's because he is our resident sugar-hound. Non-pregnant Sarah always chooses veggies over fruit, cottage cheese over yogurt, or a boullion cube over a sugar cube. Pregnant Sarah couldn't care less about her once-beloved savory foods - all I want is SWEET, SUGARY, COLD treats like slurpees, ice cream, and fruit!

Of course, the problem with this is that now I am both bigger than I'm supposed to be at this point in pregnancy (not too big a deal) and I'm probably at risk for gestational diabetes (a VERY big deal). Today I had to take the sugar test - results due back Friday - which is a cruel joke since they make you drink something that looks and tastes suspiciously like Orangina before taking the test. Of course, that only whet my appetite for sugar and I spent the next few hours trying not to think about orange jelly beans.

The good thing is that Butter Bean is fine and I am holding up well, too. I have definitely entered another phase of pregnancy because I'm more uncomfortable these days and I get fatigued more easily. The next thing to tackle is the delivery: to epidural or not to epidural? Is labor better for baby and momma done naturally, albeit painfully, or is it better to ease momma and baby into their new roles with as little pain as possible? Does it make sense to be so careful for nine months about everything I put into my body only to pump it full of pain meds at the final hour? Lots to think about...

1 comment:

Mary Abigail said...

And to make matters worse, the Dairy Queen at the Exchange food court is finally open!!!!