Relay into the Groove!
Last night, Jeff and I participated in the Relay for Life! As I mentioned before, the purpose of the event is to honor survivors and remember those who have lost their battle with cancer. Since I focused on the sentimental parts in my last Relay blog entry (See Previous Posts for June), I'm just going to cover the silly, not-so-meaningful parts in this one. The first shot is of the traditional Chinese dragon that started off the event. (The little boy is giving him a dollar because the dragon is hungry and we all know that money tastes great!) Our team name was "Desperately Seeking a Cure", which was pulled from the Desperately Seeking Susan movie by Madonna in the mid-80's. Therefore, we all had to dress up in 80's garb in order to truly rock the team-spirit contest. Not ones to shirk our costuming responsibilities, Jeff and I pulled together some pretty nice get-ups. I wore purple eye shadow and pink lip gloss for the first time in years. It was fabulous. Jeff was inspired by the Magnum P.I. episodes of the 80's and did his best to pay homage. Check out his moustache in the shot below...
We were a little worried that we'd been duped when we showed up to a group of non-dressed-up team mates. We tried to stay strong through all of the "Oh, you dressed up!" and "Look at you..." comments, but at one point we simply walked away to check out the rest of the event. When we returned, however, we were pleasantly surprised by a sea of colored plastic, purple eye shadow, and chiffon! Before our first lap, we posed in front of the banner I made for us. Very 80's, no?
Thanks, again, to all those who donated. Our team raised $5,000 for the cause, and we had a blast doing it. I think Madonna would have been proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment