I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Pregnancy Update.

Check out that big belly! Ignore the wrinkles in my clothes. They are not evidence of wrinkles on my body. Also, ignore how thick my thighs are in this picture. They must look so big because of some combination of shadow & light and not because of the Frappucino & ice cream diet I've been on lately. In fact, don't look at anything but the belly. Besides, that's the only thing you're interested in anyway, right?

Otherwise, pregnancy is still going well, though I have good days and my-legs-look-like-they-belong-to-an-elephant days. I have made it a point to go to pregnancy yoga more often in the last few weeks to prepare for delivery. It's not easy, but it does make me feel like I might actually be able to get Butter Bean out without begging Jeff to hit me over the head with a cast iron skillet. If any of you are pregnant right now, I HIGHLY recommend yoga.

These days I'm going to the doctor once a week to "check my progress". At last week's appointment, I discovered that I don't like progress reports. They just mess with my brain. My doctor checked my "progress" last week and informed me that I was "further along than he would have guessed." Great. Now what? I'll tell you what - now you go back to work and act like nothing is different than before you went to the appointment. Good luck.

When I got back, I was delegating like I might actually deliver some time that afternoon. Turns out I didn't, nor have I delivered a week later. So, tomorrow I'm going to be strong. I'm going to say, "Doc, please don't tell me anything about anything unless I need to do something about it. Otherwise, please just let me live in expectant bliss for the next however long until this baby decides that he/she's ready." My doctor will no-doubt look at me like I'm crazy (he does this a lot), but I will be able to go back to my daily life without added obsession.

I had another appointment last week for my first sonogram is months. I would post the picture the technician gave me, but I couldn't even figure out what I was looking at, so I'm not going to torture you with that game. (Apparently, it's a profile, but if that's true then Butter Bean looks more like the Elephant Man than a baby. Come to think of it, that might explain the situation with my ankles....) The scariest thing I found out at that appointment is that Butter Bean already weighs 7 pounds 8 ounces. Excellent. My baby and Mary Abigail's baby now weigh the same amount! Only problem: her baby has not been inside her body for three weeks!!!

So that means that last week I found out that my body is sort of showing signs that I'm ready to deliver - but it could still be weeks - and that I'm carrying a baby who's head has likely already outgrown the cute little newborn hats I just bought. Now you know why I'm still working and why it is so important that I go to yoga two or three times a week. The working keeps my mind off of the inevitable... and the yoga gives me time to breathe and convince myself that I can do this. I can.

No comments: