I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Little Scooter.

Yesterday, I put Matthew down on his quilt to play while I did a few things in the kitchen. After about 5 minutes, I realized that things were awfully quiet, so I went back into the living room to see what he was up to. Here's what I saw:

You're probably thinking, "No big deal. Matthew is over there by the bookcase." But since I had left Matthew on the quilt, and since Matthew doesn't know how to crawl yet, I totally freaked out when I didn't see him. It took me a few seconds to register that he had not, in fact, been abducted by very quiet intruders who somehow had a key to our front door. When I saw him hanging out happily on his tummy, I was relieved beyond belief and also so proud of him for locomoting at least three feet from where he had originally been.

Now my only concern is how, exactly, he got over there. Since gaining quite a lot of weight in the last couple of months, Matthew forgot how to roll over from his tummy to his back. Most babies learn to do this roll over first, and only later learn to roll from back to front. Matthew, however, in an apparent effort to relieve his need to burp one day, rolled from his back right on to his tummy, burped loudly, and then proceeded to complain about being on his tummy. Since then, he won't stay on his back, but continues to be frustrated when lying on his stomach. Yesterday's incident has made me suspicious that perhaps he knows more than he's letting on to...

No comments: