Sandy Toes.
Today we decided it was finally time to introduce Matthew, however briefly, to the beach. I know it's hard to believe that after 5 months of life in Hawaii and three weeks of life a stones throw from the Gulf Coast Matthew had still never been to the beach before today. We only dipped his toes in the water because it's far too cold for swimming. You might think you see people swimming in the background of the pictures, but those are actually seals who are wintering here. They are not real, warm-blooded people who do not have large layers of blubber to protect them from the frigid Pacific. (Discussions of whether or not the twenty pounds of pregnancy weight I'm still carrying around constitutes a layer of blubber will be postponed for a future post.)
Matthew enjoyed wriggling his toes around in the sand and seemed to enjoy the small waves. He was pretty tired when we arrived, so I'm just happy that he didn't start crying. I would have felt pretty bad if we had given him an ocean complex so young. Hopefully, we can take him again once it warms up a bit, like in August. Stay tuned.
2 comments:
I finally got around to reading your blog again. So pleased Matthew enjoyed the beach. He is so big, and looks so like his dad!
Thanks for all the messages you've been leaving on my blog. I'll stay tuned to yours now.
xxx
Those aren't seals!
Post a Comment