High Chair.
Matthew has a new high chair! It's Norwegian, made in Slovakia, and very cool. It's designed to grow with him until he's 80 - I'm just hoping it will be something he can't outgrow in a few weeks like the rest of his stuff. (He's wearing clothes made for an 18 month old, even though he's only 5 months. What kind of 18 month olds are these? Then again, maybe 22 pounds and 28 inches is big for a 5 month old. Probably a little of both.)
Anyway, Matthew's high chair is cool because he can sit at the table with us while we eat. Boy does he love to eat. He's mastered recognition of his bowl, opening his mouth wide for the spoon, and swallowing most of what was on the spoon. He also likes to grasp the spoon and stick his fingers in his mouth as the spoon goes in, so there's always lots of rice cereal fun to be had on the table and surrounding furniture. I couldn't be prouder of him.
As soon as I remember, I'll take some video of him eating. I should have done a before and after because the first few times he looked very concerned about the whole thing. If he liked the food, he wasn't giving any hints and spent most of the time laughing at me while said, "Say, AHHHH" He liked that until I shoved the spoon into his smiling face and the fun bubble was burst for the moment. Now, though, he's an eating champ and I'm looking forward to giving him the sweet potatoes and carrots I cooked and pureed for him yesterday. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment