I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Austin City Limits.

I'm in Austin: the weirdest town in Texas! I made it all by myself (Jeff is still deployed) and I'm having a pretty good time. I spent two days in training with the support team for my new job, and now I'm enjoying my first weekend of nothing for a loooong time. It's excellent.


Last night and today I hung out with Bill, one of Jeff's friends from college who lives here in Austin. Last night, Bill and his girlfriend Stephanie made me a very yummy dinner. Then today I went to Bill's friends' house to watch the NFL draft. I had no idea what was going on most of the time in the draft, but I was VERY excited about the huge brisket one of his friends made. He'd been cooking it since 5AM! Bill's friends are talented cooks: there was homemade barbeque sauce, buttermilk pie, and Bill & Steph's homemade icecream! This pregnant lady ate too much, but I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill afterwards, so I think it cancels out...

Below is a shot of the brisket cutting. We were all standing around like wolves worshiping the meat. It was worth it - so yummy!

No comments: