Last Day.
Friday was my last day in my old job. The ladies that I work with put together a surprise lunch for me with food from my favorite lunch-place: Covenant Books & Coffee. (If you are a soup connoisseur and you live on Oahu, Covenant is the best!) They also gave me a lei, but instead of being a necklace, it was just a long string of flowers! I learned that pregnant ladies are not supposed to wear a closed lei because it represents the choking of the baby with the umbilical cord. You can see the lei in the picture below:
On Saturday, I had one last event to staff for my old job: a training of breast cancer survivors for one of our programs. The ladies pictured above have worked tirelessly to help put together a wonderful program and training - and I will truly miss working with them. They are just a sweet in person as they look in this picture!
2 comments:
You're so pretty!
You don't look pregnant at all! Love the pink top!
Post a Comment