Happy Almost-Fathers' Day!
Yesterday, Jeff and I shared our first, and only, Almost-Fathers' Day! It was very special. We went to brunch with my cousin B.A. and his wife, Gayle, at this great new restaurant in Waikiki called MAC 24/7. I had read some great reviews about the place, and I just had to try it - especially because of the 14 inch pancakes that come stacked 3-high! Gayle and I did our best with a set of blueberry pancakes, but we only managed to eat about a quarter of the stack. Luckily, B.A. and Jeff were there to help us out. Here we are after brunch, full and giddy...
We met two very nice guys from the Department of Land and Natural Resources who gave us the scoop. We have to apply for a license, we can only take home two fish per person, and no live bait is allowed. At first I was bummed about the rule against live bait until the guys informed me that the rule refers to fish, not worms. So I can use my worms as bait! Yippee. The best part of the whole day was finding out that one of the guys is named Knut. Just like the little polar bear. I almost lost it.
We had so much fun here at the reservoir that I almost waited too late to make my Fathers' Day calls! Happy Fathers' Day to Dad, Peter, and Nick!
1 comment:
I just got back from Puerto Rico today, but I had to check the blog! B.A. and I talked about it before he left. I have some of my friends reading your blog, too. We just cannot wait to read your take on motherhood.
Emily
Post a Comment