I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Huckleberry Hound.

It just occurred to me today during a lunch-time photo shoot that my son has started looking an awful lot like Huckleberry Hound. Go ahead, admit it. He's got some serious jowls, doesn't he? The fact remains that he is melting my heart more each day with his sweetness - and breaking it still each night with his screams and regression to feeding every hour or so. As usual, I rise gracefully and full of joy at the thought of tending to my son's needs. Or maybe I bounce off the door frame as I drowsily waddle into the nursery cursing the evolutionary development of breastfeeding and the American Academy of Pediatrics.



We do have a success to recount, however: Last night, Matthew slept MOST of the night (well, most of his sleeping time, at least) in the crib. That's right, Jeff and I are genius parents and will go down in history as such. (Don't think I don't know that by publishing this post I have assured that Matthew will not allow himself anywhere near the crib tonight! It's worth it to sing our parenting praise since we've had so little good stuff to claim responsibility for in the last few weeks.)



I know that the pictures are a little fuzzy. In my new-parent haze, I have not had time to figure out how to take non-blurry photos of my son without using the flash. And all the books tell you not to use the flash on newborn eyes or something horrible will happen, so I have lots of shots of Matthew that make him look like he's covered with something resembling the skin of a peach. Another accomplishment for today: I found the setting on the camera to take ambient light photos so all the rest of the shots I ever post of him will be brilliant. Mark my words. In the meantime, I couldn't pass these three up because they are just adorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You are both so good to have him sleeping in his crib so young. Trust me--you will not regret it. We waited too long with Enrique, and trust me, the older they get, the harder it is...keep on truckin', mama!