I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Matthew's Biggest Fan.


Today Matthew met his biggest fan. Wesley Matthew is my first cousin Jeff's second child. I think that makes Wes my second cousin and Matthew's second cousin once removed, but it's too late in the day for me to try to figure all of that out. Suffice it to say that no one but my Jeff and I were more obsessed with the birth and life of little Matthew that four-year-old Wesley.

When I was in town earlier this year while very pregnant, Jeff and I visited Wes and his parents. Wes spent almost our entire visit fascinated by my big belly and full of questions about the baby inside. My favorite part was that he was quite impatient to meet Butter Bean - I think even more so than I was. At one point, he went up to Jeff, pulled on his arm, and implored him to "Get that baby out." He was NOT satisfied when we told him that the baby wasn't done being built, but that did seem to buy us some time.

So, his mother Jaime tells me that when he heard that he would be meeting Matthew, he was very excited. He said, "Matthew came out of Sarah's stomach." What a smart little guy! The sweetest thing I saw today was Wes hovering around a napping Matthew desperate to touch him and wake him up to play. When Matthew did finally wake, Wesley exclaimed, "He's so cute!" I hope Matthew Lanaux is as sweet as his older cousin!

No comments: