I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED! I'VE MOVED!

Check out my new blog at

www.AlabamaMama.blogspot.com!

See you there...

Perfect Day.

Today was a perfect day. I decided this morning that it would be a cry-free day because my fragile mommy-ego just cannot take much more crying when I'm home alone. Usually the crying is a result of me trying to make Matthew take a nap (not as punishment but because he's tired) so today I decided that I didn't care if he took a nap or not. Luckily, if you let him stay up as long as he wants, he doesn't cry so there's really no reason to make him sleep.

So, I put him down for his naps today without much fanfare, but still following our usual routine, and then I waited for him to start crying so that I could swoop in and put an end to that right away. While I was waiting for the crying to begin, I took a shower and then a short nap. Then I realized that Matthew has actually taken a decent nap on his own. At the next nap time, I did the same thing and while waiting for crying I reorganized my mother's bookshelf and cleaned the study. At the next nap, I watched a movie and folded the laundry.

If this blog entry is not interesting to you, please do not ever stay home full-time with your kids because you might go crazy. I'm close to it on many days, but today the stars aligned and I was even able to make dinner. Yay! Of course, now I'm exhausted which doesn't bode well for tomorrow. But, after today, I could mope around in my pajamas all day tomorrow and have some super-stay-at-home-mom charma left over! The best part is that little Matthew was also exhausted after a full day of fun and not crying. Here's what he looked like tonight before his bath: (Try to ignore the teddy bear who jumped into the picture at the last minute...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, it's possible that you and Matthew are settling into a mutually agreeable routine. We have all been telling you that it would get smoother. I have always said that if all babies were born at 4-9 months and stayed there, I would have had a dozen! Emily